CAR HIRE / RENTAL JOHANNESBURG – TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
The terms and conditions for vehicle rental follow below.
- Only persons of which photocopies of valid driving licenses and identity documents or passports have been provided to ResQ Rent A Car (hereinafter referred to as ResQ), are permitted to drive a rental vehicle. The client will ensure that nobody drives the vehicle that, to the best of his/her knowledge, has defective vision or hearing, has ever had an epileptic fit, or has any physical infirmity or disability or impairment that may adversely affect such person’s driving ability.
- The minimum age requirement for permanent South African residents is 21, and a driving license must be held for a minimum of 3 years. If driver’s license is held for less than 5 years, the accident damage excess is R 2500 in addition to the applicable accident & theft excess at Standard cover, and additional cover options are not available.
- For travel in neighbouring countries, the minimum age requirement is 25, and a driving license must be held for a minimum of 7 years.
General and Sundry Charges
- A single contract fee of R 100 is applicable to each rental contract.
- Car hire rates include comprehensive insurance and V.A.T., and exclude Insurance cover for personal injury, luggage and personal property.
- Rental days comprise 24 hour periods from the time of receipt of a vehicle, with two hours grace on the returning day, and distance is measured from the point of collection to the point of return.
- Unscheduled returns of rental vehicles that require a collection service are subject to a 24 hour notification period. Impromptu (same day) collections, without the required advanced notification, are invoiced up to the following day.
- Deliveries and collections of hired vehicles are charged at R 5.00 per km from the ResQ Rent A Car branch office, subject to a minimum of R 100.
- Petrol and oil consumption is not included in rental rates. The client is responsible for fuel and top-up lubricants during the rental period. Vehicles are fueled and refueled at the ResQ Rent A Car base. Refueling charges are charged to the client. For credit card payments, 5% is added to any refueling charges.
- Road tolling fees are excluded from car hire rental rates. Road tolling charges are charged to the client. For credit card payments, 5% is added to any tolling charges.
- Additional drivers of rental vehicles may be included at a charge of R 5 per day, subject to a minimum charge of R 150 per additional driver per rental.
- Baby seats are available at a charge of R 5 per day, subject to a minimum charge of R 150 per baby seat per car rental.
- Valet charges of up to R 500 for 4 – 5 seater vehicles, and R 1000 for 7 – 10 seater vehicles are applicable for soiling of seats and interior.
- The Client is responsible for traffic fines and toll fees. An administration charge of R 75 per fine is applicable for administration and payment of fines on behalf of a client.
Insurance & Risk
- The client is responsible for repair charges for damages. A service and administration fee of R 250 is applicable for repairs to rental vehicles.
- Accident, fire and theft (AFT) excess charges apply only in the event of insurable claims. An additional 5% is charged on AFT excesses and damages paid by credit cards.
- The option of Maxi insurance cover may be withdrawn on the rentals of successive vehicles, in the event of damage or loss incidents.
- The following excesses apply for windscreen damage:
At Standard cover: 75% of claim subject to minimum of R 1000
At Maxi cover: 25% of claim subject to minimum of R 250
Other glass damage is subject to the normal collision & theft excesses as applicable to the selected cover.
- An administration fee of R 1500 is applicable for successful recoveries from third parties, following accident damage of a hired vehicle.
- In the event of authorized travel in neighboring countries, the client is responsible for all expenses associated with transporting an accident damaged rental vehicle back to RSA, in the event of accident damage incurring in neighboring countries.
- Prior authorization, for which border crossing documentation is issued, is required for travel in Swaziland, Lesotho, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana and/or Namibia. A cross border charge of R 500 per country visited, is applicable for such cross border travel.
Payment & Sureties
- Payments by credit cards, electronic bank transfers, cash deposits at ResQ Rent A Car’s office or bank deposits, are conditionally accepted.
- Payments and/or sureties are required to cover the full estimated rental charges plus the applicable accident, fire and theft excess, tolling and refueling, subject to a set minimum per vehicle Group.
- 2.5% is added to the invoice value if payments are made by certain charge cards.
- Car rental charges included in the agreement, are billed on delivery of the vehicle and if applicable, on receipt of notification of extensions. Long term rentals are pre-paid and invoiced monthly.
- Office hours are from 08:00 to 17:00 from Mondays to Fridays, and by prior arrangement, from 09:00 to 12:00 on Saturdays.
- Normal service hours for deliveries and collections are: Monday to Friday 09:15 to 15:30
- After-hours delivery and collection services are available within the following times at the following standard after-hours service charges:
Monday to Friday 07:30 to 09:15 and 15:45 to 18:30 R 200
Saturday 07:30 to 18:30 R 250
Sunday & public holiday 07:30 to 18:30 R 300
- An additional after-hours service charge of R 250 is applicable for car rental services rendered outside the limits of the operating hours.